iA Writer for Android
Get Focused. iA Writer for Android we designed for one goal: to give the best possible focused writing experience on mobile devices.
Minimal Interface for Distraction Free Writing
- Upon launch, you start in the Editor: you can begin writing straight away.
- Tap the Back button (top left) to exit the Editor and reveal the Library.
- Tap the central menu in the Library to connect Cloud Services.
- Simple formatting with Markdown.
Using iA Writer
In an Open Document
- Hide the soft keyboard, touch the text or hit “Esc” on your hardware keyboard to access the Menu.
- Go to the Library by swiping right.
- Go to the Preview by swiping left.
- Click share icon to start collaboration online or export your document.
In the Menu you can switch on and off
- Dark Mode.
- Focus Mode – dims everything but the current sentence, helping you stay focused.
- Word Count.
- Style Check – your personal editor-in-chief on your device, carefully reviewing your text for redundancies, clichés, filler words and your custom patterns as you type.
In the Settings
- You can fine tune Style Check preferences and add your own Custom Patterns.
- Enter your Medium.com token or connect WordPress blog.
In the Document List
- Click on a document to open it in the Editor.
- Long click a file or folder to access context menu options like moving, renaming, deleting.
- Return to Editor (last document) by swiping left.
- Navigate up (folders) by swiping right.
In the Library
- Long press on a cloud storage provider to disconnect/reconnect the Location in question.
In the Preview
- Change the template.
- Hit “Export” to export the document as Plain Text, HTML, PDF or MS Word document.
- Swipe right to return to the Editor.
With an external keyboard connected to your Android device, you can take advantage of the extensive keyboard shortcuts in iA Writer for Android 2.0+ for an even more immersive experience. See here for a full list.