Publish to blogging platforms
Are you using iA Writer to draft blog posts before uploading them on your website?
This is a common workflow for writers and to make the process easier for you, we have created the Publish option: it allows you to share drafts of your text directly from iA Writer to various blogging platforms.
We currently provide this option for:
You can learn below how to add an account for each of those platforms.
- On the Medium website, go to your Settings → Integration Tokens.
- Enter a description (for example “iA Writer”) and get your token
- Add the token to iA Writer using: Preferences → Accounts → Add Account → Medium
iA Writer supports a variety of WordPress setups:
1. Publish to WordPress.com, and to WordPress sites with Jetpack plugin
2. Publish directly to WordPress sites with WordPress 5.6 or later.
To add a WordPress account, follow the authorization flow in: Preferences → Accounts → Add Account → WordPress
- Add a new custom integration in Ghost Settings → Integrations
- Add the custom integration Admin API Key and API URL using: Preferences → Accounts → Add Account → Ghost
Enter your account email, then open the sign-in link sent to you by Micro.blog.
Enter your website URL, then follow authorization flow, or enter access token manually in: Preferences → Accounts → Add Account → Micropub
Once you have added your blogging account(s) to iA Writer, you can start publishing your drafts directly from our app.
You will see the option Publish appearing now under Export (if you do not see the Publish option, set up again your account).
You can publish in two ways:
– File → Publish → New Draft on...
– From the Library, right click on your file → Publish → New Draft on...
iA Writer will create a new draft and open it in your browser every time you share a blog post.