We’ve worked hard to make Writer stable and reliable, but sometimes problems occur. Here are some things you can do if you have problems with iA Writer. To start with, please check any local documents are backed up:
5.9.1. Back Up Documents
Any documents stored in Dropbox will be automatically synced, as long as you have an internet connection. If you don’t use Dropbox, any documents in the Documents storage are stored on your Android device. You can back up these documents manually, or email documents to yourself via Share → Email.
5.9.2. Recover Old Versions With Dropbox
Dropbox preserves multiple versions of your documents for the last 30 days. You can access and restore earlier versions, and recover deleted files. Log into your Dropbox account at https://dropbox.com/ to do this.
5.9.3. Common Fixes
- Try making a new document and seeing if the problem persists.
- Try restarting the device (hold down the power button for a moment, tap Power off, then hold the power button again to start).
- If you’re having a problem with Dropbox, try unlinking then relinking it. If the problem continues, try deleting the Dropbox app then unlinking and relinking in Writer.
- Try reinstalling Writer:
– Make sure you’ve backed up your files or that you’ve synced to your Dropbox (see above).
– Tap and hold the iA Writer icon, then slide to remove.
– Reinstall iA Writer from the Play Store under My Apps.
– Relink Dropbox if necessary.
- If you’re still having problems, please contact us at [email protected]
5.9.4. Help! I’m trapped in my document
When writing, iA Writer hides the menu so that you can focus on your text. You can reveal the menu in any one of the following ways:
- Swipe down on the text
- Use Android’s hide keyboard button on your device.
- If you are using an external keyboard, you can use the
ESCkey to reveal the menu.
Tapping Back (top left) will return you to the Document List.
Note: iA Writer for Android also supports a swipe gesture (from the left edge towards the center) to return directly to the Document List from the Editor.