John Gruber remarked that image syntax was his biggest mistake with Markdown, and mentioned an alternative:
My best idea for good Markdown img syntax would be to just paste in a URL ending in .jpg/.png/.gif etc.
In our own search of support for file transculsion we landed on a syntax for what we call, Content Blocks.
Adding Content Blocks
Embedding comma separated tables, text files and code as blocks of content in your documents is easy on Android.
Simply type the file path using the syntax below.
/Section.txt /Balance Sheet.csv "Finances"
- Content block references must begin at the start of an empty line
- They must start with a slash, followed by file name with extension
- You may specify a caption in double quotes (This will be ignored when used where it does not have an immediate purpose, such as with .txt files)
- Only files in the Library may be referenced
- Referenced files must be located in the same folder as the file where they are referenced